Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Waiting





Sorry for the long absence. In the meantime I managed to get through a few papers (in a rushed way). I feel like I can breath a little before the onslaught of the next set.

I've just started a book by Philip Yancy, Disappointment with God. I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Book 1's first page reads:

You do not have to sit outside in the dark.
If, however, you want to look at the stars,
you will find that darkness is required.
The stars neither require nor demand it.
-- Annie Dillard.

I felt like these were pretty profound and beautiful words. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. I'll let you know more about Yancey's book. I'm also reading another one by him.

I saw the storm pictures from Durban?! Whoa.... what happened to the best weather in the world? And how come nothing so crazy happened my ENTIRE life there? Not that I'm a disaster tourist or anything...

No comments: