Wednesday, March 21, 2007

google reader

This is a little bit random but I also wanted to introduce google reader to those of you who are kindof into technology but may not know about it:

You just sign in using your regular gmail account at reader.google.com

You can add sites to the reader by typing the url into Add subscription. It's great because it'll tell you if there are new posts on those sites and keep you updated on all the blogs or news sites or Christian sites or group feeds you might want to keep track of, but don't have time to actually navigate to everyday.

It definitely cuts down on the amount of time I spend reading the news. Of course, since a lot of the time I'm just trying to procrastinate... anyway, it's a good organizer. So what it does is essentially downloads all the rss feeds into one site, and also lets you know how many unread posts are on each site. So for Mail and Guardian, for me its always hundreds, but for my cousin's or friends blogs, I can know and read every new post without looking at the actual site.

No comments: