Friday, June 8, 2007

The Coming Week


Greetings,

I'm pretty excited about next week: my parents are going to be here. Last time they came it was really rushed and crazy because Eugene and I were about to get married. This time we can relax and enjoy the summer for a week together.

The house is still a bit of a disaster area, but the cupboard looks great.

So, this week had 3 main new beginnings:
I went with ummanim to Busa farm and got 3 varieties of bell pepper plants. I read that it's possible to grow bell peppers in containers-- don't know if that's true but I'm going to try.

I began a new part time job today. One day a week I'm coordinating a medical residency program and trying to design a good curriculum. I think it's hard to know what it will be like, but I want to learn and apply myself to what has to be done. I realised one major challenge is to stay out of the politics of an office without being self-righteous or high and mighty.

I began a new blog: The Concrete Gardener (concretegardener.blogspot.com). I'm trying to learn about urban gardening and urban living-- really thinking about what health means, particularly as a Christian. I would like for it to become a resource, and so have a wider audience and maybe one day make money for Eug and I. A way to learn, reflect, and put something out. For now, I'm just trying to dedicate time to write one post a week.

Thanks for reading and keeping me updated on your lives.

No comments: