Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Giselle



Ee Cheng treated me to my first Ballet. It was kindof cool.

I don't think I would have known what was going on if not for having read beforehand about the plot (peasant girl falls in love with peasant man, peasant man turns out to be engaged prince, peasant girl goes mad and dies of sorrow, joining a host of bitter ghosts who never married, these ghosts kill men by making them dance all night, engaged prince gets stuck dancing all night but ghost peasant girl helps him so he doesn't die.)

Ee Cheng's favourite part was when these large elegant dogs came on stage. My favourite part was when the ballerina men pulled out swords but they didn't seem to be very passionate about using them.

On Thursday Eug and I are heading to NY to see my brother, Sam and his girlfriend, Julia. It'll be a really short trip (less than a day) but I'm excited. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: